Data Collection Policy
We also use “web beacons” to help deliver cookies and gather usage and performance data. Our websites may include web beacons, cookies or similar technologies from third-party service providers.
- Social Media. Some of our websites include social media cookies, including those that enable users who are logged in to the social media service to share content via that service.
Some of the cookies we commonly use are listed below. This list is not exhaustive, but it is intended to illustrate the primary purposes for which we typically set cookies. If you visit one of our websites, the site will set some or all of the following cookies:
- AdRoll – Gives you an anonymised, unique identifier on our websites and other websites. These cookies are used for advertising, site analytics and other operational purposes.
- Facebook – Adds you to a Facebook audience of users that have visited our websites. These cookies are used for advertising, site analytics and other operational purposes.
- Google – Used to identify you for analytics purposes. Gives you an anonymised, unique identifier on our websites and other websites. These cookies are used for advertising, site analytics and other operational purposes.
- CC- Contains a country code as determined from your IP address.
In addition to the cookies TTG sets when you visit our websites, third parties can also set cookies when you visit TTG sites. For example:
- Companies we hire to provide services on our behalf, such as site analytics, place cookies when you visit our sites. See opt out links below.
- Companies that deliver content, such as videos or news, or ads on TTG sites, place cookies on their own. These companies use the data they process in accordance with their privacy policies, which may enable these companies to collect and combine information about your activities across websites, apps or online services.
How to Control Cookies
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but provide controls that allow you to block or delete them. For example, in Microsoft Edge, you can block or delete cookies by clicking Settings > Privacy > Cookies. Please refer to your browser’s privacy or help documentation to find Instructions for blocking or deleting cookies in other browsers.
Certain features of TTG products depend on cookies. If you choose to block cookies, you cannot sign in or use some of those features, and preferences that are dependent on cookies will be lost. If you choose to delete cookies, settings and preferences controlled by those cookies, including advertising preferences, will be deleted and may need to be recreated.
Additional privacy controls that can impact cookies, including the Tracking Protection feature of web browsers, are described in the Access and Control section of this privacy statement.
Our Use of Web Beacons and Analytics Services
Some TTG web pages contain electronic tags known as web beacons that we use to help deliver cookies on our websites, count users who have visited those websites and deliver co-branded products. We also include web beacons or similar technologies in our electronic communications to determine whether you open and act on them.
In addition to placing web beacons on our own websites, we sometimes work with other companies to place our web beacons on their websites or in their advertisements. This helps us develop statistics on how often clicking on an advertisement on a TTG website results in a purchase or other action on the advertiser’s website.
Finally, TTG products often contain web beacons or similar technologies from third-party analytics providers, which help us compile aggregated statistics about the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns or other operations. These technologies enable the analytics providers to set or read their own cookies or other identifiers on your device, through which they can collect information about your online activities across applications, websites or other products. However, we prohibit these analytics providers from using web beacons on our sites to collect or access information that directly identifies you (such as your name or email address). You can get help on how opt out of data collection or use by some of these analytics providers by clicking the following links:
Other Similar Technologies
In addition to standard cookies and web beacons, our products can also use other similar technologies to store and read data files on your computer. This is typically done to maintain your preferences or to improve speed and performance by storing certain files locally. But, like standard cookies, these technologies can also store a unique identifier for your computer, which can then track behaviour. These technologies include Local Shared Objects (or “Flash cookies”) and Silverlight App Storage.
Local Shared Objects or “Flash cookies”. Websites that use Adobe Flash technologies can use Local Shared Objects or “Flash cookies” to store data on your computer. To manage or block Flash cookies, go to http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html.
Silverlight Application Storage. Websites or applications that use Microsoft Silverlight technology also have the ability to store data by using Silverlight Application Storage. To learn how to manage or block such storage, see the Silverlight section of this statement.