Senior Solutions Architect - AWS
Job Reference: #430-01
Date Posted: 12 February 2024
Tarsus on Demand (TOD) has been appointed as an AWS Distributor and is looking for a Senior Solutions Architect.
If you are an experienced Cloud enthusiast with a proven track record for the design and delivery of Cloud services and solutions, particularly within the AWS ecosystem, then this may be the opportunity for you.
As the Senior Solutions Architect at TOD, you will be responsible for the establishment and development of the AWS Technical team as well as have oversight of all technical requirements. TOD is a dynamic Cloud Solutions and Services aggregator focussed on the SMB market to help the channel realise its full potential. This exciting role will not only require you to build and lead a new team of specialists but also to deliver our partners the best service and guidance, underpinned by superior technical expertise.
As the Senior AWS Solutions Architect you will report to the AWS Business Unit Lead and working closely with them your skill and expertise will ensure that TOD is acknowledged as the preferred and market-leading AWS technical centre of excellence.
In this role you will:
- Work with the BU Lead to formulate the strategic technical vision for TOD, thereafter take ownership of driving it to establish and expedite the growth of the AWS Business Unit. To do this successfully, you will need to collaborate extensively both internally and externally, namely with AWS and partners.
- Build trusted business relationships with AWS counterparts and key partners while also keeping abreast with AWS technology developments to ensure relevant and competitive solutions are designed for commercialisation.
- Work with key stakeholders to understand and then match customer needs with relevant Cloud solutions. You will therefore leverage your deep AWS understanding to provide technical leadership internally and externally, assisting and supporting partners in the design and implementation of scalable, secure, and reliable cloud solutions.
- Guide and grow your team to deliver best-in-class service and support to differentiate TOD to be acknowledged as the preferred and market-leading AWS technical centre of excellence.
- Take ownership of the Technical team’s continuous learning and certifications to ensure that the Technical team plays their part in TOD achieving and maintaining Competencies, Tiering requirements, and building out chosen Practices.
- The Technical team is core to the success of the AWS BU and TOD as a whole, responsible for leading complex assignments, driving the adoption of AWS solutions, and ensuring that the most appropriate technical approaches are adopted per scenario as well as at a global level to align with overarching business objectives.
If you are ready for a challenge, please apply.
Experience, Qualifications, Skills, and Other Requirements:
- Grade 12, or equivalent
- Tertiary qualification preferred.
- AWS certifications: Specialty and Professional level certifications e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Professional
- Demonstrable experience working in the AWS ecosystem and leading teams in AWS environments
- 2+ years’ experience working and leading teams in the AWS environment
- Proven track record in business solution development
- Cloud-based product solutioning experience essential.
- Highly numerate and analytical
- Reliable transport
- This is an office-based position in the Woodmead branch.
All required qualifications will be verified by an independent provider on behalf of Tarsus.
Please note: The company is under no obligation to fill this position, should you not have had any feedback within 2 weeks of submitting your application, you may consider your application unsuccessful.